Once upon a time Musings and Mud was home of my life and creativity coaching, with an occasional haberdashery of my art.
A new concept evolved for my business and I’m happy Musings and Mud is now home for my creative projects. I think they wanted their own home.
My name is Janet L Whitehead. I’m a potter, a painter, a storybook maker… and a mom, a nana, an outdoor adventurer and, occasionally, a tall ship sailor.
My other site, Novel Minds, is a great place for those who think differently, and those who want to. Please do stop by. Meanwhile for this, my creative projects place, here is my professional Artist/Author CV if you’d like to know more about me …
A lifelong interest in writing, arts, fine craft, recreation, creativity, community, discovery, empowering self and others to imagine, create, and find joy in the process.
The ripple effect of just one individual accessing and implementing their innerwisdom, higher consciousness, and soul given gifts is enough to change the world.
That knowing is what empowers me to do my artworks, coaching, and contributing.
Acknowledged at the Mayor’s Gala for the Arts, 2012: “In recognition of artistic and cultural achievements and contribution to the arts and culture community in the category of Artistic Innovation in the Arts”
Author: Beyond All Imaginings – a magical memoir of both grief and the mystical experiences my creative process revealed. Published: 2016
Other Written Works:
The Demise of Noshud Hafta (2009),
A variety of self discovery playbooks,
Currently in progress: Clewless with a Touch of Salty – a second memoir, and a series of Children’s storybooks.
Clay: One-of-a- kind clay artworks in stoneware, porcelain, porcelain paper clay.
Painting: Watercolour on yupo paper.
Graphic Art: Creatively playing with photos, images, and words.
Themes: mystical, soulful, ships, connecting to the energy of childhood.
The Demise of Noshud Hafta:
- The Cube, Kamloops Art Gallery May – June 2009
- A collection of Ceramic “Pages” that illustrate the Artists’ storybook
published as a part of this solo exhibition.
Musings and Mud:
- Cunliffe House Gallery March – April 2006
- A collection of clay sculptures, watercolour paintings, with excerpts from the novel in progress.
- Attendance during the two week period was 250.
The Treesmiths – Wilson House Gallery Kamloops April-May 2014
The Muse Affair – 2010, 2011, 2013
WomanMade Gallery – Chicago July – August 2008
Courthouse Gallery –Kamloops 2007 to 2009
Arnica Gallery – Kamloops – June – December 2006
Emerging Artists – Heritage House – April 2006
BUSTED – Altering Skateboards – May 2006
BC in a Box – BC Potter’s Guild traveling exhibition – Mar 2005 to May 2006
Mad Potter’s Tea Party – Kamloops Art Gallery. March 2004
Summer Solstice Artfest – KAG – 2002 & 2003.
Eclectic Views Exhibition – CACK – Sport Mart Place – April 2002.
Okanagan Mainline Regional Art Show – Public’s Choice award in both 1997 & 1998.
Art and Creative Workshops Presented
Creative Muse Group Leader Course – Training people worldwide, online and via teleconferencing, in this 12 week course to become certified creativity group leaders. In collaboration with Jill Badonsky – 2010 to 2015. 2 to 3 courses per year.
Facilitator for a Variety of Creativity and Art specific workshops, 2008 – 2016:
- Clay Alchemy 101 – 4 week intro to pottery.
- Wild Watercolours: Watercolours on Yupo paper
- Clay Play Technically Sound, but Magically Inclined – Kind of a coaching and clay by candlelight event.
- Rekindling Imagination– An interactive workshop that invites imagination back into our adult life.
- Creative Muse Groups. – 10 week courses locally that have resulted in a whole community of Muses in Kamloops
- Creatively Curious Whatevers workshops
- Journalling for the Journalling Challenged – a unique workshop for high risk young women. March 2008
- Mudworks: Working with mediums of clay, dough, plaster, etc.
- Wheel throwing workshops 2004
Presenter for Community Groups and Organizations:
- A Face you can call your own: Facepainting Workshop, Parks and Recreation, 1992. Leadership 11, 1994, 1995.
- Imagine That: An imagination workshop especially for those working with children.
– Many workshops hosted by schools, community groups, preschool leadership, Parks and Recreation workshops from 1992 – 1998.
- Playleaders Workshop, Shuswap Lake, 1995,2003.
- BCRPA provincial conference, 1995
– Tuning into Teens: Theatrical Role play workshop on teen issues from teens’ perspective.
– Preschool Leadership
- Young at Art Studio, 2005 Child Care Resource Centre 2005, 2006
- Playleaders Workshop, 1994 Leadership 11, 1994, 1995.
- Playground program inservice, 1992. YM YWCA 2004
- Games, Games, Games: Theatre games, new games, and other activities for all ages.
- Caring for Children Preschool Workshop, 1989 – Coordinator
- Leadership 11, 1994.
- Various Staff Inservices, 1988 – 1995.